Take Charge! is Memory & Movement Charlotte’s (MMC) comprehensive, interactive education and support program made possible through a generous grant from the Philip L. Van Every Foundation.
There are three components of Take Charge!:
PERSONALIZED HEALTH BINDER
- Each family is given one Take Charge! binder.
- The Take Charge! binder is a personalized tool to organize health information and instructions.
- Refer to the Table of Contents for a full list of items in the binder.
ONLINE EDUCATION LIBRARY
- The Take Charge! section on the MMC website (mmclt.org) is password-protected, providing
MMC members exclusive access to an educational library related to memory and movement.
- Members may contact us for the current password required to access the library. If you’re not yet a member, learn more about joining on our New Patients page, here.
- Videos can be watched and documents can be read, printed and added to the Take Charge! binder.
- These resources are available any time, day or night, and can be shared with Care Team members.
LIVE EDUCATION PROGRAMS
- Educational sessions are presented by our expert staff members and local speakers.
- Topics include strategies for brain health, issues related to memory and movement, treatments, and current research.
- Support groups, engagement opportunities, local events, and community programs are listed on the website.
- Living with a memory or movement disorder, or caring for someone who does, evolves over time.
LET'S GET STARTED
Take Charge! empowers the patient and caregiver every step of the way. Your Care Team at Memory & Movement Charlotte are here to help.