Skip to content
- Orthostatic hypotension occurs if the blood pressure drops when changing position (e.g., from sitting or lying down to standing).
- Dizziness (sometimes preceded by neck pain, difficulty getting thoughts together, and/or low energy)
- Stay well-hydrated, aiming for 64oz of fluid prior to dinner.
- Wear compression socks.
- Drink salty fluids like V8 juice.
- Drugs used to treat high blood pressure may have to be discontinued. Consult the provider before making any medicine changes.
- Medication to increase blood pressure may be required.