A Care Plan visit at Memory & Movement Charlotte is an annual one-on-one visit for the primary care partner or caregiver, an MMC nurse practitioner or physician assistant, and a family care navigator.
- Patients do not attend this one-hour appointment.
- Annual Care Plans typically improve the quality of life for the patient and caregiver.
- The appointment is covered by Medicare if the patient meets the criteria below:
- a diagnosis of cognitive impairment/dementia
- has primary or secondary Medicare insurance
- has had an appointment with an MMC provider in the last 3 months
- has not had a Care Plan visit in the previous 6 months
- is not under hospice care
- Patients who do not have Medicare will have an out-of-pocket expense for a Care Plan visit. If the patient does not have Medicare, please let your provider know or notify the office to discuss alternative payment options.
- Diagnosis and treatment
- Main concerns and goals
- Advance Directives
- Home environment
- Safety assessment with recommendations
- Strategies for behavior, personal care,and communication
- Caregiver stress
- Community resources
AFTER THE VISIT
A written Care Plan is provided to put in the binder for future reference.
Please call the office or talk to your provider at the next appointment.