The best method of mitigating risk of infection from the coronavirus is to avoid exposure. Employ social distancing. Avoid touching one another (such as shaking hands). Self-isolate at home. Avoid public gatherings such as airplanes, buses and ride shares, and venues such as arenas and theaters.
Memory & Movement Charlotte has initiated these steps to minimize exposure within our office:
- Anyone with fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat will not be allowed to enter our office. If you need to reschedule your appointment, please call or message through the patient portal.
- If you need medical assistance related to coronavirus symptoms, seek medical help from your primary physician.
- Any employee of our clinic who has developed symptoms will be required to self- isolate at home.
- In the office, we will:
- Avoid handshaking.
- Employ hand-washing before and after each patient encounter.
- Examination tools are to be wiped clean with approved disinfectant wipes between each patient encounter.
- Surfaces in the clinic, including desks, conference room tables and break room surfaces, will be wiped clean with approved disinfectant wipes after each use.
We will monitor this pandemic closely and keep you updated. Do not hesitate to contact us with concerns or questions.
Aris Chaconas, MD
Medical Director, Memory & Movement Charlotte